Project management software is a handy tool for businesses and entrepreneurs alike. However, research indicates that only one in four organizations are using any kind of project management software. As a result, an overwhelming 54% of organizations don’t have the ability to track KPIs in real-time—a big mistake.
In this blog, we will explore the 360-degree benefits of using project management software across various sectors—from sales and law to engineering and administrative work. Let’s jump right in.
Project Management Software for Salesforce
The biggest advantage of leveraging a project management software for salesforce is the ability toautomate the entire sales funnel. Project management software can move the entire sales pipeline to one place. This helps minimize data entry, allows lead tracking, and empowers sales professionals to close deals quickly.
Moreover, project managers can assign tasks to the team based on the stage of the sales funnel in which the members are, prioritize tasks, and literally visualize the sales pipeline. Additionally, the team can track prospects round-the-clock without leading to a missed sales opportunity.
When it comes to reviewing employee performance, the software provides a single source of truth, enabling the manager to understand who is closing deals and how the team is performing at every stage of the sales funnel.
The lesson: All in all, a project management software for sales leads to a more collaborative, intuitive, and efficient system of ‘selling.’ As repetitive sales workflows and tasks get automated, the team can focus on addressing the issues of disgruntled customers and build a happier and more loyal customer base.
Project Management for Administrative Assistants
Project management for administrative assistants can often feel like an uphill task. Increasing task load and overwhelming deadlines can make project management difficult. But what if you could check off your to-do list without letting chaos get in the way? This is where robust project management software can help. It can empower administrative professionals to:
- Plan, manage, and prioritize projects in an optimized manner, helping them focus on the most important tasks at hand
- Loop key stakeholders and team members in and share critical updates as well as communication in real-time
- Drive informed decision-making with easy access to actionable insights into where to redirect their time, effort, and energy throughout the project life cycle
- Take better control of the project by evaluating the project scope and timelines more effectively
- Maximize project efficiency and manage project workloads more efficiently
The lesson: Administrative professionals can think of project management software as their own ‘personal assistant’—constantly available at their beck-and-call to help organize the mountain load of work while saving time and boosting output.
Project Management Software for Law Firms
Law firms often feel the need to recreate the wheel every time a new project comes in. They’re stuck in a rut, recreating repeatable tasks and use cases, which can easily be automated with custom project management software.
In addition, clients today demand a more proactive, transparent, and disciplined way of managing their cases. Here are some key advantages of leveraging project management software for law firms:
- Optimized case management: Whether it’s managing cases more efficiently or analyzing associated costs, work effort, or time spent on a particular use case, project management software can lend a helping hand. To top it off, project managers can define the task/use case parameters upfront from the very beginning, driving a transparent legal-handling process. They can also manage the constantly-changing requirements and document the scope changes throughout the legal life cycle without letting key details and needs fall through the cracks. This can ultimately reduce instances of fee-blowouts, making the end client happy.
- Improved collaboration andbetter understanding among associates: Project management software can improve collaboration and teamwork by literally getting everyone on the same page. Teams can keep track of client commitments. Project managers can work through competing priorities. More importantly, such software can accelerate the learning curve for associates and act as a central repository of important information, documents, etc.
The lesson: Quite simply, project management software can transform the way a law firm functions by doing much of the ‘heavy-lifting’ (think: optimizing case workflows, analyzing time and effort spent on cases to improve future work, and so on). Additionally, it can drive a more collaborative ecosystem—one where there’s seamless communication between the client and the teams, leading to better deliveries and a positively-impacted bottom line.
Best Project Management Software for Engineers
Engineering is another field where project management software has emerged as a strategic imperative. After all, not all the work is done on-site for engineers. There’s plenty of background work that happens, which needs consistent managing. This includes preparing and submitting tender documents, creating estimates, change requests, invoices, and so on. Let’s understand why project management software is every engineer’s best friend:
- It can help them engage in better resource management, which can prevent project delays or cost overruns. By assigning resources optimally, the projects can get completed on time, within budget, and to the customer’s satisfaction.
- It can centralize data and help teams access relevant (and up-to-date) reports and data on the go. Project managers can also extract insights into project performance and devise useful strategies that may help boost project efficiency as well as employee productivity in the future.
- It can help generate KPI-driven reports and forecasts, empowering engineers to understand what’s working within the system and what’s not. In the absence of project management software, compiling these kinds of reports can become time-consuming and a draining activity for already burdened project managers.
The lesson: The best project management software for engineers are the ones that can give them complete project control and provide a more granular picture of the moving parts of a project from start to finish. Managers can view visualized Gantt charts and other forms of easy-to-read reports, making project management a breeze.
Best Project Management Software for Solopreneurs
For solopreneurs who are just starting out, a project management tool can be the most important asset. The best project management software for solopreneurs can help them:
- Create an easy-to-follow workflow and organize their day, ensuring that they focus on the most important projects
- Collaborate with external teammates or clients effortlessly, thanks to features such as chat, instant alerts, email, etc.
- Assign due dates and manage progress with visual tools such as Gantt charts, Kanban boards, etc.
- Plan and create projects more systematically and in a budget-friendly capacity
- Track deadlines and leverage features such as notifications, alerts, etc. to keep them in-the-know
The lesson: Solopreneurs often grapple with issues of undefined project goals, budgetary escalation, scope creep, and communication breakdowns. Project management software can serve as their guide, providing assistance in managing projects and deadlines without getting caught in the day-to-day issues of project management. By focusing on the work that truly matters, solopreneurs can improve their work quality and experience greater work satisfaction.
The Bottom Line
Project management software can multi-task and be useful for nearly all kinds of sectors. Project managers can organize processes, track tasks, lower costs, improve productivity, and streamline workflows.
Long story short, to make life easier and the project management process fun, a project management tool is a must-have today.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Get updates and learn from the best
More To Explore
Exciting news! We’re thrilled to announce a game-changing update to your favourite project planning and scheduling tool — introducing concurrent editing in GamePlan! Say goodbye
We’re excited to announce a significant enhancement to your project planning and scheduling experience — introducing resource-specific timezone support! In our era of remote work,